A Vision for Development of Karnataka
Sarve bhavantu sukhinah|Sarve santu niramayah
Sarve bhadrani pasyantu | Ma kascit dukha bhagbhavet||
Happiness be unto all
Perfect health be unto all
May all see what is good
May all be free from suffering
Core Elements of Karnataka’s Vision 2020 are as follows:
- Ensure safety and security of all citizens and uphold peace and communal harmony
- Eliminate poverty and deprivation at all levels and achieve Millennium Development Goals
- Enhance human capabilities to promote equitable growth covering all sections of people and regions of the State.
- Make Karnataka a globally competitive destination and a leader among Indian States.
- Institutionalize good governance across the State through enhanced transparency, accountability and participation.
The following are the Twelve transformations proposed to achieve the Vision:
- Increase rural incomes through greater viability of agriculture and allied activities.
- Focus on job-oriented growth through concomitant skill development of the workforce.
- Develop the State as a vibrant knowledge society.
- Improve access and availability of quality healthcare for all.
- Achieve a sustainable and orderly process of industrialisation and urbanisation.
- Enhance opportunities and empower women across economic, social and political spheres
- Bridge the gap between socially backward and vulnerable groups and rest of the people
- Improve energy availability and develop infrastructure to boost productive potential of economy
- Preserve and promote Karnataka’s rich heritage
- Ensure sustainability of the State’s environment and natural resources
- Build and sustain Bangalore’s leadership in science, technology and knowledge based industries
- Improve governance through wider participation and deep democratic decentralisation
Six Mission Groups viz, Human Development, Rural Economic development, Decentralisation and governance, Social Empowerment, Infrastructure & Industrial Development and Heritage have been constituted to achieve the Vision.